Sunday 17 July 2016

Penniless Witchcraft -Altar

To all you out there with no space and barely any money, here is how I created an Altar.

****

First of all I needed a clean space, somewhere in the house. I chose my bedroom, as it feels more energetically friendly to me(Room=Sanctuary!). I spent a day moving junk out of the patch I use, and then burned some pretty incense to purify the space.

Then comes the actual altar. This can be hard. I have two, really small "altars". One is an old chessboard I lost all the pieces from. I use it to honour the God/dess I am working with at the time. The other one is an old bathroom scale that ran out of battery and seemed like a good sturdy board to put my elemental representations or whatever i am doing with spell craft at the time. I just covered the metal/glass/hideous object with a large amount of fabric to make it look better and there you go!
(really dodgy picture quality i apologise!)

My Altar decorations in that photo are:
The scale has a green altar cloth, for healing. Lord and Lady tarot cards to match the candles I selected for them(sometimes I use the king/queen of the tarot cards for each element, depends on what I'm doing).
The chessboard has 2 candles for Sekhmet(I get the candles from discount stores usually. Sekhmet is a goddess I previously worked with), some runes with quartz points (I was trying to spread their energy!) a rock that was a present and supposedly increases happiness, and some matches. For obvious reasons.
Any way, that's basically 99% of all my rituals props. Candles, rocks and meditation! I will probably be working on the more exciting aesthetic witchcraft later!

****

Any questions/comments/ideas for me?
-Tree-

No comments:

Post a Comment